What makes the Handy Pulse Laser different?
Not all low level laser therapy devices are the same. There are many important differences between each of the products available – such as the way each one works, the power output, wavelength, functionality and design, plus other considerations (the cost and after-sales customer support). To help consumers and clinical practitioners alike, below are some key facts about the Handy Pulse Laser device.
7 Facts about the Handy Pulse Laser
- Designed for patients to use at home: Unlike some lasers intended primarily for clinical use, the Handy Pulse Laser has been specifically designed to be used by patients. So it is easy-to-use, lightweight and highly portable, not to mention very affordable compared with other similar devices.
- 905nm GaAS Super Pulsed Laser: The super-pulsed 905nm laser beam penetrates effectively into tissue. This means it can provide effective relief of minor muscle and joint pain, in particular mild osteoarthritis and muscle spasm.
- 3-in-1: It combines a 905nm laser diode and multiple 875nm and 635nm LEDs, delivering this wide spectrum of light energy simultaneously during a treatment. This combination of 3 light wavelengths (905nm, 875nm and 635nm) is hypothesised to have a synergistic effect (Friedmann 2009). The laser also incorporates a magnet that enhances the therapeutic effect of the laser.
- Wide range of applications and uses: The Handy Cure may be used for many different pain conditions from acute injuries to wound healing and chronic pain conditions. It is used to relieve stiffness, reduce inflammation and swelling, promote the relaxation of muscle tissue and temporarily increase local blood circulation. The laser can also be set to 3 treatment modes (50Hz, 5Hz and Variable) depending on the type and severity of pain. One device can be used by the whole family.
- Non-invasive, natural healing: The Handy Pulse Laser is non-invasive, applied onto the skin at the site of pain or inflammation. Low Level Laser Therapy is a treatment that harnesses infrared and visible red light energy to help the body’s natural healing processes at the cellular level.
- Non-thermal treatment: The Handy Pulse Laser is a Class 1 laser that uses low-dose light energy that does not produce heat. This means it will not burn or damage skin or tissue. The patient may feeling nothing at all during treatment.
- Pioneered by Rocket Scientists: the technology used by Handy Pulse Laser was developed by the Russian space program.
Important note for patients: Information on this website is not intended as medical advice, nor should it be relied on for self-diagnosis. Always seek advice from a health professional about your particular pain or injury to understand if low level laser therapy is the best treatment for you.