Weekend Australian Magazine, 7-8 October 2017, p. 30-33
"In Search of a Ray of Hope" by Suvi Mahonen
The Australian, 2 April 2018, (Life), pg. 8
The Vielight Neuro Gamma is the next generation in transcranial-intranasal near infrared (NIR) engineering, developed specifically for domestic use.
Its dynamic design is a comprehensive upgrade of the original Vielight Neuro.
This powerful device features improved transcranial clusters and updated microchip LED boosting technology – leading to triple the previous power density and a refined form factor that fits a wider variety of head shapes and sizes.
The Vielight Gamma is engineered to extract one of the highest amounts of power from a pulsed near-infrared LED source by incorporating microchip technology within the Neuro's intranasal diode.
Research conducted at Boston University (Naeser 2016) has shown possible benefits of photobiomodulation being used to repair damaged neurons, as a result of brain disorders or injury. Some studies also show photobiomodulation benefits to brain disorders (Hamblin 2016).
|Vielght Neuro Pilot Study||Poster Presentation|
The Vielight Neuro Gamma may assist with:
- Mental acuity
- Traumatic brain injury
- Concussion recovery
- Brain neurodegenerative symptoms
- Neuro-developmental symptoms
- Headset with nose applicator
- Varying pulse frequencies
- State-of-the-art microchip technology to boost photonic 810nm power density within the transcranial clusters, reaching 300% of the power output of the original Neuro.
- Auto-timed for 20 minutes, resulting in specific total irradiation with near-infrared photons of sufficient power density per cycle.
- 40 Hz pulse rate
Neurons are cells that contain mitochondria. Mitochondria, known as the “power generators” of neurons, absorb low level photons in the red/infra-red spectrum. Utilising the science of photobiomodulation, the mitochondria can be energised, triggering some beneficial effects on the cells converting energy into a form of biological energy called adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- Photobiomodulation for Improving Brain Function in Dementia (May 2017-Nov 2018)
The goals of this trial are to: (1) replicate a previous study by Saltmarche et al 2017 in a larger group of individuals with dementia and (2) to examine the underling brain mechanisms behind the changes in cognitive function.
- Vielight Neuro RX Gamma – Feasibility Pilot (Nov 2017-June 2018)
This study tests the effects of the Neuro RX Gamma on the cognitive and behavioral functioning of subjects with moderate-to-severe Alzheimer's Disease. The Neuro RX Gamma uses non-invasive near-infrared energy delivered to the brain in daily treatment sessions at home.
- Evaluating the effect of the Vielight Neuro Gamma Device on real-time EEG signals in older adults at rest. (March – April 2017)
To evaluate whether the energy delivered by the Vielight Neuro Gamma produces a reliable effect on neural activity in older adults.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Low-level Laser (Light) Therapy, Annals of Biomedical Engineering (2012), vol. 40, p. 516-533 (Chung et al)
- Enhancing Brain Functions with Near Infrared Light, Integrative Practitioner (2018), vol 1, no. 2 (Lim, L.)
- Vielight Neuro Gamma User Guide
You may be also interested in the Vielight Neuro Alpha.
What is the difference between Vielight Neuro Gamma and Alpha?
Vielight Neuro Gamma uses the 40 Hz pulse rate, compared to the Neuro Alpha that pulses at 10 Hz. The 40 Hz pulse rate correlates with EEG gamma brain wave entrainment, which has a stronger effect on memory and cognition enhancement. The 10 Hz pulse rate of the Vielight Neuro Alpha, has an overall effect on neuronal health.
Contact us for advice on whether the Gamma or Alpha is better suited to you.
Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Disclaimer: The above information is general information only. Pulse Laser Relief does not make any medical claims for specific medical conditions.
The Growing Evidence for Photobiomodulation as a Promising Treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease
Lew, L; (2018) Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, 6:100-110
Shining light on the head: Photobiomodulation for brain disorders
Hamblin, MR; BBA Clinical (2016)6:113–124
Effects of Home Photobiomodulation Treatments on Cognitive and Behavioral Function, Cerebral Perfusion, and Resting-State Functional Connectivity in Patients with Dementia: A Pilot Trial
Chao, LL; Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery (2019) 37
Improvements in Gulf War Illness Symptoms After Near-Infrared Transcranial and Intranasal Photobiomodulation: Two Case Reports
Chao, LL; Military Medicine (2019)
The Nuts and Bolts of Low-level Laser (Light) Therapy
Chung, H et al, Annals of Biomedical Engineering (2012) 40:516-533
Enhancing Brain Functions with Near Infrared Light
Lim, L; Integrative Practitioner (2018):1